Writing, advertising, editing, communications projects
I (Martin Hatchuel) specialise in writing for business (including tourism), the earth sciences (horticulture, nature conservation, etc.), heritage, and economic development. I work with graphic designers, photographers and videographers when it comes to producing real-world publications and/or visual content for the web (see Springnest's Directory of Content Gurus), and I enjoy making a good presentation (like the one below).
Writing and web content
- Copy writing (although I prefer to call it just plain 'writing.' I write - creatively. I don't copy. But since the term is generally accepted...)
- Public relations material - media releases, newsletters, articles, blog posts
- Web copy
- Strategy documents and other business publications
- Souvenir books
- Personal biographies, personal stories, success stories, case studies, etc.
- Advertising copy
- Text that's optimised for search - but above all, text that's written for readers. (You want to be found, but you're human - and so are your readers - so most of all, you want to be understood, and your readers don't want to have to work too hard to work out what you're trying to say.)
- Metadata (those 155 character introductions you see when you search on Google. You'd be amazed at how much you have to think to create a compelling sales pitch in just 155 characters. And how many people forget to write these things - leaving the search engine to pull text through from their sites. Sometimes with - how shall we say? - less than desireable results.)
- Language editing for academic papers. I qualified as a horticulturist, so I have a basic background in and understanding of the earth sciences - conservation, forestry, etc.. And I've had experience editing for economics students, too.
- Coordinate the production of marketing material and marketing collateral
- Coordinate (create navigation for, write, curate media for) Springnest websites for tourism-related businesses
- Develop, write, and design museum displays, etc.