It's a pity I didn't bring any swords
A ghoulishly lekker local adventure on the Garden Route coast
A boy, his dogs, and his friend the 500-year-old ghost of a pirate boy, sail out of the Knysna Heads to look for the ghost's lost grandfather, who hasn't been seen for 150 years.
All the way up and down the coast - from Noetzie Beach, east of the Knysna Heads, to Mossel Bay far away to the west - this story weaves imagination around actual historic events.
… But then our heroes meet the most famous ghost ship of all: the Flying Dutchman. And her captain doesn’t like dogs...
Buy Martin Hatchuel's debut children's novel in the Garden Route
From these fine stores:
- 34 South, The Waterfront
- Heads Hair by Hannah, Bodega, Leisure Isle
- Nadine's Corner on Leisure Isle
- Knysna Book Exchange, Pledge Square
- DCD Laserwox at The Queen Knysna (Queen Street)
- Love Gifts, Gray Street
- Leisure Isle Boat Club
- Action Ads, Gray Street
- The Kiff Little Surf Shop, Goukamma (Buffalo Bay road)
- Ocean Odyssey, Thesen Harbour Town (TH22, Long Street)
- Metelerkamps, off Waterfront Drive
- Déjà Vu Antiques, corner Queen and Pitt Streets
- Cruise Café's Curio Shop at Featherbed Co., Remembrance Drive
- Mike Kantey (Watercourse) at the Wednesday Market, Old Nick
- Mike Kantey c/o Connoisseur Gents Hairstylists, Dulux Building
- Willemijn Murray, Hutchinson House, 11 Main Street
- The Village Bookshop, Yellowwood Centre, Main Street
- De Gratia Coffee & Book Lounge, Pick 'n Pay Centre
... With more to come!
Buy from a bookshop near you
'It's a Pity I didn't Bring any Swords' is available via the Top Reads catalogue from all good bookstores in South Africa.
- If they don't have it in stock, ask them to order it for you!
Buy direct - online
Editor and book designer